Slow Cooker Zucchini Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces celery
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix celery into cooked sausage; cook and stir until celery is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Combine sausage mixture, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, salt, sugar, oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic powder in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.