These tasty breakfast pies can be made ahead of time, and microwaved as needed. Kids love them, and they are finger food for the little ones on their way to school. The big guys love them too. Fix hash browns and gravy as side dishes. It will be a huge hit!
- 1/2 c. melted butter, plus more for brushing pan
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. grated zucchini (from 1 large or 2-3 small)
- 2/3 c. chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and dust a loaf pan with cocoa powder.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl, stir together sugar and egg and egg yolk until smooth, 1 minute. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add zucchini, then add flour mixture in 3 additions. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared dish and bake 50 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve.
15 years ago if you wanted a great hot dog in the Bend Area, you would stop at the end of the Pomeroy-Mason Bridge. At the foot of the bridge, on the Pomeroy side, there was a small drive-in restaurant. Many of us remember and miss Adolph's Dairy Valley. Here's the recipe for their amazing hot dog sauce.
A refreshing and delicious sandwich. Depending on the way you cut the bread, these can be made as appetizers or a simple lunch time sandwich.
A delicious pasta and chicken dish with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil.
With summer here, it's time to start grilling. These easy appetizers are a quick addition to any cookout.
This is a light and fluffy dessert salad based on pistachio pudding; the pudding is made lighter with the addition of whipped topping. Add an extra can of mandarin oranges, if you like.
Lean and tender, pork tenderloins are perfect for the grill. This zesty marinade makes tenderloins even more tender than they already are. Serve slices on pita with onions, tomatoes, and tzatziki.
Portobello mushroom make a tasty and healthy addition to any meal.
Use your slow cooker to prepare this great twist on basic barbecue chicken. Throw the chicken breasts in frozen, and serve with baked potatoes.
Amazing meatballs just like an Italian grandma would make. This is my choice for a Mother's Day meal that easy and sure to please.
Carnitas means 'little meats' and is traditionally fried then braised. This recipe is made much easier using the slow cooker but the results are just as tasty. This makes a great filling for tamales, enchiladas, tacos and burritos. This filling is also great combined with your favorite barbecue sauce and served on buns.
This is a booyah recipe that is adapted from originally a 50 gallon recipe cooked in large 55 gallon cast-iron kettles with a wood fire, most often at church picnics in northeastern Wisconsin.
Delicious, hearty stew with tons of veggies and meat. Great on a cold day.