Egg and Sausage Casserole
Maybe you're getting up early to enjoy an Easter sunrise service at your church, or perhaps you have company over for the weekend. This casserole is great way to make a filling breakfast that is sure to please.
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with crumbled sausage. In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, and Cheddar. Season the mixture with oregano, and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.