Chicken, asparagus, and mushrooms are sauteed in a garlic and olive oil base. You can add more mushrooms if desired. Serve with rice or pasta.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white cooking wine
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high; stir the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and wine into the butter mixture. Add the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 more minutes.
- Add the asparagus; cook and stir until the asparagus is bright green and just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes to let the mushrooms release their juice. Serve hot.