The stewed tomatoes and jalapeno pepper give this slow cooker recipe its Creole zing, along with seasoning and other veggies. This is an easy and tasty Creole chicken recipe. Just put all ingredients into the slow cooker and let it simmer all day. It's perfect over egg noodles. Add extra water and veggies to the leftovers to make a tasty afternoon soup.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creole-style seasoning to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and Creole-style seasoning to taste. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 5 to 6 hours.