Slow Cooker Belgian Chicken Booyah
This is a booyah recipe that is adapted from originally a 50 gallon recipe cooked in large 55 gallon cast-iron kettles with a wood fire, most often at church picnics in northeastern Wisconsin.
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces diced onion
- 8 ounces diced celery
- 8 ounces diced green bell pepper
- 8 ounces cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 packet concentrated vegetable base
- Mix chicken, potatoes, beef, corn, carrots, green beans, chicken broth, beef broth, diced tomatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, cabbage, salt, basil, oregano, celery salt, black pepper, and vegetable base in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours.