Rumaki with Pineapple
With summer here, it's time to start grilling. These easy appetizers are a quick addition to any cookout.
- cooking spray
- 24 (1 inch) cubes fresh pineapple
- 24 water chestnut slices
- 8 thick-cut bacon slices, cut crosswise into 3 pieces
- 24 toothpicks
- 1/2 cup low-fat sesame-ginger salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line the bottom section of a broiler pan with aluminum foil, top with the broiler rack, and spray rack with cooking spray.
- Place a water chestnut slice atop each pineapple cube; wrap each with 1 bacon slice, securing with a toothpick. Arrange wrapped pineapple on the prepared broiler rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes; turn and continue baking until bacon is almost crisp, about 8 more minutes. Brush rumaki with sesame-ginger dressing and continue baking until bacon is crisp, about 5 more minutes. Garnish rumaki with green onion.