M. Leiland writes: "We make this low-fat ground turkey pasta recipe about once a week; it is really easy, low fat, and the cinnamon and cumin give the turkey a great flavor!"
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Combine turkey, onion, salt, black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, cinnamon, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over rotini.