In researching this week's blog post, I discovered that George Washington was a fan of Yorkshire pies. Well the original recipe is a bit complicated so I found this simplified version.
- 3 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp ground coriander
- 4 tbsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp crushed garlic
- Preheat oven and 9 x 13 baking pan at 400 F.
- Brown garlic and ground beef, cooking until beef is fully cooked.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin and coriander while cooking.
- When beef is cooked, set aside.
- Mix flour, milk, eggs and 1 tsp salt until smooth.
- Take hot pan out of the oven and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 batter in hot pan, top with meat mixture and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400 F for 40 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Serve hot.