If you slice kale thin and toss it with other tasty treats like apple, persimmon, orange, and nuts, the kale mellows out and serves as a perfect foil for other vegetation.
This is a light and fluffy dessert salad based on pistachio pudding; the pudding is made lighter with the addition of whipped topping. Add an extra can of mandarin oranges, if you like.
This is an excellent pasta salad that is great to make for the week ahead or to bring to potlucks! Make it -- you won't be disappointed. You may frown at the coleslaw dressing, but trust me, it's amazing in this recipe!
Cool, spicy, and sweet, this salad is a great choice for hot summer days.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped, or to taste
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped, or to taste
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced, or to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (such as Grey Poupon(R))
- 2 kosher dill pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh dill, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave until tender, 2 to 3 minutes; drain. Place edamame in a microwave-safe bowl; cook in the microwave until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine cauliflower, edamame, eggs, celery, bell pepper, yogurt, radishes, green onions, mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; toss to distribute.
This is a very flavorful pasta salad. The crisp cooked bacon really adds a nice flavor. I get requests for this pasta salad for every get together and cook out.
This is potato salad the old-fashioned way, with eggs, celery and relish.
Pansies and violas can have a mild, fresh flavor or a more prominent wintergreen taste depending on the variety and how much you eat (a whole flower tastes stronger than petals alone).