15 years ago if you wanted a great hot dog in the Bend Area, you would stop at the end of the Pomeroy-Mason Bridge. At the foot of the bridge, on the Pomeroy side, there was a small drive-in restaurant. Many of us remember and miss Adolph's Dairy Valley. Here's the recipe for their amazing hot dog sauce.
Carnitas means 'little meats' and is traditionally fried then braised. This recipe is made much easier using the slow cooker but the results are just as tasty. This makes a great filling for tamales, enchiladas, tacos and burritos. This filling is also great combined with your favorite barbecue sauce and served on buns.
A delicious pasta and chicken dish with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Use the dry packaged sun-dried tomatoes instead of the tomatoes packed in olive oil. The sauce can be kept, covered, for one day in the refrigerator; heat again over low heat. Try it with some crusty bread if desired.
A flowering plant in the amaranthus family, quinoa is a pseudograin that is grown for it seeds. After harvest, the seeds are processed to remove the bitter-tasting outer seed coat. Versatile for many dishes, cooked quinoa supplies nutrient content similar to wheat and rice, such as moderate amounts of protein, dietary fiber, and minerals. Quinoa is gluten-free. Quinoa originated in the Andes mountains of northwestern South America.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.