Right now we have a great selection of delicious peaches at our markets. They taste great by themselves, but make this pie and pair it up with some vanilla ice cream for a perfect summer treat!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh peaches - pitted, skinned, and sliced
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with crust. Place peaches in the unbaked pie shell.
- Cream together the sugar and butter or margarine. Add the egg, flour, and vanilla; mix together completely. Spread this mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 hour.